The flavors in this recipe are incredible! Visit www.ncescatalog.com for many nutrition products including healthy cook books!
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin, or line with paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, oil , eggs and sugar until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Add to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each about 2/3 full. Sprinkle a few more chips on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a rack.
Recipe attained from http://family.go.com/food/recipe-an-800148-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins-t/