Are you ready to build a community of Healthy Heroes? It’s pretty simple to do. Especially with some new free downloads at NCES! Research has shown that children are more likely to enjoy foods they have a positive relationship with. So, how do we help foster a positive relationship between kids and healthy fruits & vegetables? We make it fun! Today, we’re encouraging you to challenge your students to “Become a #HealthyHero” by creating their own SUPERfood HERO. Here’s how it works;
- Download the free “Become a #HealthyHero” Activity Card
- Have each child write their name on the card, as well as their favorite fruit and their favorite vegetable.
- After they’ve chosen their favorites, have them create a name for their SUPERfood HERO using the fruit and vegetable name. IE: My favorite fruit is pineapple and my favorite vegetable is an artichoke. So, I’ll name mine artichapple. Make sense? Great!
- After they’ve named their SUPERfood HERO, have them draw a picture of what this SUPERfood HERO would look like.
- After they’ve filled out the activity card, have them turn it in and give them a #HealthyHero sticker for becoming a #HealthyHero.
- Hang or place all of the activity cards together and take a picture. This would be great to send home to parents and to share with the rest of your community to see how each kid has become a #HealthyHero.
- But, don’t stop there. WE want to see your Healthy Heroes too! So be sure to email your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org, or share them with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Making learning about fruits and vegetables fun is critical in the success of raising a healthier generation! We’re so impressed by all the efforts that we see every day by others JUST LIKE YOU to teach kids the healthy benefits of fruits and vegetables. Hopefully these free nutrition resources can be one more tool you use to spread your message. Have fun!!