from your nutrition education partners at NCES!
March is such a big month for RD’s! Not only is it National Nutrition Month, the only month of the year that nutrition gets a big spotlight, it also hosts RD Day. So, in honor of such a big month for our profession and nutrition community, here’s a list of five reasons you should love (but will sometimes hate) your dietitian! When you’re done, take a minute to share your reason in the comments and to share this with all of your favorite RD’s too!
5) We’ll be your biggest fan and provide support when you need it most.
4) We often get to cook and/or workout for fun… and get paid for it.
3) We’re more likely to give chocolate, fruit & wine as gifts than anyone else you know.
2) We get giddy when we see new fruits and veggies in the store and will buy one just to try it!
1) Forget Iron Chef… we can whip out a healthy meal with as little as five ingredients. Anytime, Anywhere!
Happy National Nutrition Month and RD Day on March 11th, 2015!
Last week, First Lady Michelle Obama issued the challenge for 5 ways to be healthy! Here are our five… simple, tried and true methods to be healthy! Enjoy!
- Eat at least 2 fruits and 4 vegetables each day
- Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday
- Take a break from your TV watching and do at least 10 situps or pushups during the commercial breaks for your evening shows
- Drink at least 5 large glasses of water each day
- Try at least 5 new foods in a week. And no, you can’t count the ‘donut of the week’ as a new food! 🙂
How do you ‘live healthy’? There are so many ways to live a healthy lifestyle and inspire those around you to do the same. So, now, we issue the challenge to you to #Gimme5. Comment on this blog with 5 ways you stay healthy using the hashtag #Gimme5! Happy National Nutrition Month.
Available as a free download, you can print as many of these beautiful posters as you need! Hang them in your office, hand them out to patients, pass them out at health fairs… the possibilities are endless!
Click here to get your free download!
Get your National Nutrition Month Gift Boxes now! With personalized messages, these boxes are great for dietitians, clients and doctors! Click here to see them all and order yours today. Only $6.95
**Don’t forget about discounts for orders over 10.
National Nutrition Month is a great time to promote good nutrition to clients and patients! But, it’s also a great time to say Thank You to your co-workers, clients, patients and doctors who work hard to make the world a healthier place.
Save yourself a trip to the store and order a trendy, healthy snack-packed gift box for everyone you want to say Thank You to!
The inside of each box is personalized with a message to fit the recipient!
To see the individualized messages, please click here.